Self-hosted SeekTable setup
You can install and run SeekTable on-premise with docker:
- Linux (recommended: Ubuntu Server 16.04 or 18.04). ARM is not supported yet.
- Mac OS
- Windows: use Oracle VirtualBox (or similar software) to run VM with Linux
- Ensure that docker is installed. If not: Docker CE setup instructions.
- Ensure that docker-compose (or analog) is installed. If not: Docker Compose setup instructions.
Download SeekTable configuration for docker-compose: docker-compose.tar.gz (and extract the files):
$ wget https://www.seektable.com/docker-compose.tar.gz -P ./
tar xf docker-compose.tar.gz
docker-compose.seektable.env file to configure app base URL and other self-hosted SeekTable system settings.
- Ensure that server's firewall allows incoming connections for ports
Run the following command:
$ sudo docker-compose up
Now you can open
http://your_server_hostname_or_ip/ and create accounts in your local SeekTable installation.
If your installation is accessible from internet you may configure NGINX as reverse proxy and enable HTTPS (this is optional).
: to refresh downloaded images run
$ sudo docker-compose pull
, or use
docker pull command
for all SeekTable
images (listed below). It is recommended to use latest version of docker images published on Docker Hub.
: standard version of self-hosted SeekTable uses Sqlite and not designed for multiple containers (replicas) per service.
If you are interested in the high-availability version that supports horizontal scale please contact us
In case of any complications or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SeekTable installation uses 2 docker images:
This is main SeekTable web application. You can use this image for FREE with the following conditions:
- installation should be used/accessed only by employees/customers of your company; you cannot make it public (accessible for everyone).
- usage of modified image is prohibited (changes in any application files including css/js etc)
- if you use installation more than 14 days you need to inform us about it: provide company details, contact email, number of installations to email@example.com
You can change usage conditions or unlock additional SeekTable features with paid subscriptions.
FREE with trial notices/limitations
$499/year per deployment
PivotData microservice is a reporting engine used by SeekTable (both products have the same owner).
It is available as separate commercial product that requires per-deployment license key,
but when used as part of self-hosted SeekTable special usage conditions are applicable:
- PivotData microservice that runs in trial mode (without a license key) can be used for any period of time in production use.
- You cannot use PivotData microservice as a separate product (call its web API directly).
- In trial mode notices are shown in reports and some limitations are applied on the reports size (you'll get an appropriate error if you reach them).
You can hide these notices / remove report size limitations by purchasing PivotData microservice license key for your deployment.
Paid subscriptions for self-hosted SeekTable additional features
Administrator role for one or several accounts. Administrator can:
- add/update/delete user accounts, login-as-user
- restore account data from XML backup
- enable "admin" role for any number of users
- system setup: disable public sign-up (users can be added only by admin), disable self-delete for user accounts, disable file upload / add cube for non-admins
|$499 / year
Requires: system admin
Use your company logo/brand instead of SeekTable, hide "Generated by" and "Powered by" notices in app/exports/shared reports,
hide links to seektable.com website, set custom footer content for emails and PDF export, customize SeekTable app visual styles by adding your own CSS.
||$499 / year
Team owner role for high-powered user(s) who is creating the data and sharing it with others. Team owner can:
Only user who creates and shares cubes/reports need to have a paid subscription; viewers are usual free accounts. Number of 'viewers' in the team is not limited.
- manage team members
- share cubes/reports to team members with access control
For self-hosted SeekTable it is possible to activate team owner role for unlimited number of users with a fixed price.
$25 / month / user
when billed anually
Ability to use advanced features for reports published to web (public link view):
Only user who creates and publishes the reports need to have a paid subcription.
There are no any limitations on the number of 'viewers' (in case of enourmous traffic we'll contact you).
- interactive report view: pagination (for pivot tables), sort by labels/values, inputs for parameters
- enable exports (PDF, CSV, Excel etc), extend export limit for rows
- customize styles with CSS rules
- apply report parameters and refresh report from host webpage without IFRAME reload
- auto refresh report every N minutes
For self-hosted SeekTable it is possible to activate advanced publishing/embedding for unlimited number of users with fixed price.
$25 / month / user
when billed anually
It is possible to purchase special support packages if you (or your company) need guaranteed help with SeekTable deployment, setup or troubleshooting.
Request 14 Day Trial